Tuesday 22 May 2007

mountain spirit



I spent the weekend in Snowdonia leading another group through the Ascent program.


---


Mountain Spirit


I move in the presence

Of Mount Snowdon Feeling

The weight of its ancient pull


A challenge, a summons, filters

Through the mountain breeze

The gate of your destiny is open


I hear the mountain spirit say

But will I walk through it?

Is what echoes in my mind


By the lake shore, I stand

To ponder the significance

Of these subtle words


The answers I think I know

Lie hidden in these ancient rocks

It is the questions that defy formulation


The Path, my path, familiar

Yet strange, my spirit knows

The Way in a way my mind does not


The Path, I’m told, leads

Everywhere and nowhere

The view from the top the same


The lesson is in the journey

Only more questions

Await at the top


To step on the Path

Or not to step

Is the question that drives me

- c.lowe


6 comments:

strauss said...

If I lived in England I would be seeking out your group - I am a bit of a walkaholic myself - fabulous scenery.
And your poem was absolutely wonderfukl, really enjoyed the spirit of the ancient mountain speaking throughout.

Saadia said...

Beautiful, Clay. I loved this post.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm sorry you had trouble with the link to my book. It is entitled 'lavish lines/luscious lies' and is available on Amazon.com.

Best,
Saadia

Black_Mamba said...

touching poem, something to think about.....

cool shots BTW ;)

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

I could write all day in that kind of environment - except the cold LOL

Anonymous said...

I like your poetry and the photos reminded me of some of the best times in my life - going outdoors, climbing mountains, just a few years back. You've rekindled a wandering spirit that has been confined to the urban jungle for sometime now.
I would like to invite you to post your poem at our recently launched website: www.poetryvisualized.com - which focuses on poetry combmined with sounds and music. It would be nice to have some poems dealing with nature and outdoors.

Anonymous said...

A little addendum on my earlier comment: I inadvertently missed out one very important element of visualized poetry - the visuals: photos, videos, even graphics and animation.